Monday, 26 January 2015
Wednesday, 21 January 2015
Pizza that Italian gift to world, pizza that food that no one can really tell where it did come and by who, pizza is always a pizza.
In Finland we have kebab-pizzeria in about every city little or big! Sometimes we get great pizza and sometimes we hope that it was just after bars closed so we would not have any idea what we are eating! Those pizzas can be "homemade" dough or ready frozen ones that taste like cardboard.
When we go to market there is these microwave pizzas (roiskeläppä) that is never seen real pizza, frozen ones that need little tuning before going oven (comes out ok most of times), kind of fresh market pizzas with too thick dough and then some more. Finnish people do eat a lot of pizza but they eat these mediocre ones and don't even know how make one himself!
My recipe to dough:
2 ½ dl water
1 pack (11g) dry (instant) yeast
3 dl durum flours
around 2 dl all purpose flours (have to look that dough little)
½ ts salt
½ ts sugar
2 tbs oil
+ dry herbs and/or pizza seasoning
You can make pizza with all purpose flours alone, taste and texture change little but it's still really good.
- Get everything you need on table and if you can measure ingredients ready to add. This way you know if you are missing something and are not in too much hurry making stupid mistakes. Don't combine flours together! You may not need all of it to dough. Take your baking sheet/pizza stone and cut baking paper to fit it you need one per pizza. This will make sizing dough later very much more easy.
- Now get medium size bowl and add warm water (around 42°c or 107.6°F little warmer than body temp) to the bowl.
- Mix yeast to durum flours and add them to the water. If you are using only all purpose flour, mix yeast to small amount of flour, it's really possible that you don't need all flour!
- Add salt and sugar and some herbs.
- Start to kneed dough and add all purpose flour until texture is soft but not longer wet. If it feels like rubber you used too much flour.
- Add oil and possible some more herbs and flour.
- Leave dough to rise on warm place under kitchen towel. Do part 7 NOW!
- Crank your oven to hot as it gets! If you have pizza stone use it or put baking tray to oven so it get nice and hot. Hot surface makes start cooking bottom of pizza so it get nice crunch and if you made everything right you get those nice "bubbles" on edge of your pizza!
- Split the dough. You can make 2 sheets or 3 pizzeria style round ones (~180-190 g per ball).
- Round pizza: take one ball and start working it to to thin or thicker round pie. Max diameter of pizza will be ruled by your pizza stone or sheet you make it to. Make pizza roughly right size on floured surface and transport it to baking paper and re-check size if you did measure and cut paper. Now that is ready to be topped with what you want. Some people will slide pizza right to baking stone or oven but I do not know that trick.
Sheet pizza: Size of the pizza is ruled by you and size of baking sheet you gonna cook it in. My sheets are 50cm wide (~ 19.68 inch) so I get 2 sheets of pizza from this size of dough. Roll dough roughly right size on floured surface, transport it to baking paper and then do some finishing touches on size and thickness. Now it is ready to be topped with that you want.
Tip: Using ready cut baking paper makes sizing pizzas really easy if your pans are "normal size". Easy way to transport ready rolled dough is to wrap it around rolling pin.
- Thats it with dough! Now you will just make your pizza taste like you want and put it to owen. Baking time will different with how wet and much you use fillings and how much cheese you put. To me it's around 15 minutes in 250°c (482°F).
First put ketchup or tomato pyre, then some cheese and then filling! Maybe little mozzarella cheese to top it all. If you put lots of cheese on top it will seal all liquid in and possibly make your pizza sloppy mess. I'm not a fan of that kind of pizza byt my parents like extra-extra-extra cheesy pizza.
Choose only 2 or 4 fillings. If they very wet ones then choose only one or two. You don't want too much topping so you can eat it on slices.
|Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
You can crack raw egg top of your pizza before putting it to oven. Egg pizza, why not.
Dough can be made before hand. You can make dough let it rise, kneal it to balls and wrap ball in plastic and put them to cold. Before you make pizza's take them to warm and let them to rise 30min or so and work them to pies. I know people who roll pies ready (no filling) and then put them to cold.
There are even those who makes dough pies and freeze them.
Monday, 12 January 2015
If you would win in a lotto/lottery what would you do? Really do?!
|Photo by graur razvan ionut|
I would not, little now and then to gaming charity things like #AGDQ would be ok to me personally. So no big donations to Red Cross or some other big "brand" of charity that says that they help but we really don't know how much of our 1 euro/dollar etc goes to those who need it.
I started to do little list what I would do if jackpot did drop on my note. These dreams do depend a lot of how big that jackpot is. 1 million great, I could take care of my family and my own loans, buy great pc, get all consoles I dream, have a some trips and that kind of stuff. But build an house or buy apartment and maintain it to rest of my life? Maybe yeah but 1 million is still a one million. You can take care of these more normal like dreams, but not much more. Then there are these seriously huge winnings like in Finland the biggest Lotto (link is Finnish only) win has been 13.3 million euros and Eurojackpot did insane 61.1 million euros win!
Now to that list!
What would I do if I would win BIG time on lottery!
- take care loans on next order: My own > mother (+stepdad) > dad
- buy ultimate PC, 4 monitors, fantastic headset, + all the little extra things
- new consoles Xbox One, PS4, Wii U and maybe one of Steam consoles when they start getting around +sides to them all as well (extra controllers, ,more storage, subscribe services etc.)
- Gaming laptop for those times I'm on a road. And this time price is not an issue.
- Invest money to make more money, to me it would mean call to my older brother and ask him to help me come up with something or if he knows someone that could help with this.
- Get some more technology to my life and those near me! New phones, tablets, smart tech like watches or activity gadgets
- Now its time to some R&R first with my mother, stepdad and brother if he could take some time off and after that another trip with my dad and brother maybe include my fathers lady friend (not sure about that).
- Buy some other stuff like furniture, electronics, beddings, clothes, shoes, eyeglasses and contacts, kitchen and pet stuff or other little things like that. Some good alcohol like whiskey and vodka.
- Then its time to say wrooom! So time to change car, re-do my licence, ask if any of my parents want to change car and get me an brand new motorcycle (sport or naked) and extra bike (cruiser). How funny that my step dad likes cruiser bikes *wink*. Cars and bikes would get some customization to sweet them up
|Photo by Pixomar|
- Buy apartment on bigger city on southern Finland (Turku, Tampere, Hämeenlinna, Helsinki). Three to four rooms, fast internet, nice floor plan, kitchen large enough for dishwasher and renovation is ok as long that apartment is really nice.
- If it's a big win then I would build own house close to my mothers house. I would ask if my father would be interested to build it or be the main contractor on building. He would get paid well and would get to say who are workers in different operators people who are the best, not the cheapest. Important to me would be to get optical fibre connection, because old copper cables just don't cut it anymore. House would be build to my future to last time so many cables would be build to walls (eternal to every room, multiple power plugins different sides of rooms, even usb ports!), easy access, maybe two floors and cellar to cinema or just hobby space + warm garage to two cars. And so much that it would need new post "Dream house" or something.
- Give spending money to parents and my brother not anything too big just some to have fun with.
- Friends are important so I would give them more expensive gift hundred euros when they have b-day or something special. My best friend would get PS4 or XB1 on her choice. This would not be too much because I can count my closest friends with one hand including closest/best one.
- I'm not skinny, newer have been. I would hire some kind of life coach or something who would help me with good diet and workout plan that is humane! Not those super diet then you feel like you will die or want to and don't eat anything but this super healthy stuff for half year and you will be so BUFF! And when you try to go back to some kind of normality, release the belts! aka welcome back all that fat I did lose.
- Then I would turn my spending to my parents houses. I would help with renovations, making their houses more energy friendly, money to garden works, new greenhouse to my mother, smoke-sauna and swimming hole on yard, remodel hobby space in barn to warm one and so on.
- Middle of all this I would re-educate myself to something I really love without worry or hurry how to live when studying. Basics in Finland and maybe to study something special some other country.
- and then I would do something more. Pay bills and all that nice stuff :P Maybe take another trip this time on Europe or somewhere far away
Those are things I would do and spend. What would you do?