Wednesday 29 January 2014

The Worst Advice We've Ever Heard About Gaming

"You really should cut back..." "You should go outside and..." "Those are not a real people, you don't know them" "When I was in your age..." "Just stop it you can play later"


Did any of that sound familiar at all?

My avatar Blacklight Retribution
Well I believe that most gamers or who spends time in internet (forums etc.) have heard all of those and more. Most of us understand that some of us don't like that technology has creeped in our everyday life and now we make friends with people we don't have meet eye-to-eye. That is nothing new in my books NO, before internet and all that was/is "pen pal system" (kirjekaveri) and it was snail mail inside your own country and sometimes even FOREIGNER in far away country! Who did tell them that they are not real or who they blamed to be?

When someone says that you should cut back or go out I just don't understand how it is your business what I do. If you are under 18 and live at home then I can understand somewhat that your parents or whoever looks after you will give you advice to put our nose out of the front door one a day or at least ones at weekend.
But if you are living our own place make a living (not living with social security) or trying really find a job then if it do not reflect poorly on your work go for it! Some people workout like crazy and if it is not 24/7 they are told to keep it up! "It's good for you!" Until the limit...

Sometimes we like play +24 hours and more but it is not like we do it everyday or even every month! When there is new awesome game yeah we play or watch someone else play, what's the problem? If you are adult you can smoke, drink, take drugs (watch out for COPS!), film yourself having sex with sandwich or play games! And other can just keep on nagging about it!

Photo by Naypong
 (Freedigitalphotos.net)
When I was in your age...yes you did got to river fishing now if I'm not fishing using a rod and line I have to pay for licence before hand so even if I don't get anything I still pay for it 7€/7 days + 3€ interchange fee if I did look right! Even that licence is localized! So I go to other county another 7€ + 3€ interchange fee.
When I listen my uncles stories what they did and how many fights and accident they did go through before age 18 I'm stunned that someone wants todays children do the same?! Broken bones, bloody nose and broken things (bikes, cars, motorbikes etc.).

Pre-Teen/Teen I did read and spended time forums etc and nowadays I play, read and go to have fun adult style and have never broken a bone! Well my knees has been operated because m.bike accident but that was 2007, and I was 16! I even heard that some young ones don't hang around town smoking and drinking because they go some friends house and play games. Or in case I heard boys friend did come to his house (parents were there) and night did go down with some Mountain Dew and Coke.


When playing games online means basically that you play PvP [Player(s) vs Player(s)] or PvE [Player(s) vs Environment] games. But when online there are other players that you have to take account of. So when someone says that just drop your game even after you have said that " yes after this game, raid etc.". Would I walk to you and even if you are middle of something and you would tell me that " just wait a minute, I will come when I'm ready" and I would still demand you to come RIGHT NOW!
I will not let my team down and get bad reputation to me just to go eat on this minute. With Xbox players can put you on avoid list and reason can be that did not finish games. PC is not so hard but if your reputation is bad enough  word will go around! When you join lobby *kick*, in-game *kick* and so on. Right now there is going on CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) and LoL (League of Legends) tournaments and those player don't just drop game or have in a past.  Most games don't take more than 30-45min per game online.

They are not real people! You don't know them! Are they real? Why are they talking? Thats so weird. When you meet other people online you should not believe everything they tell or show you. We all have learned that over years. Everyone online are Greek gods, have Double-D breast, funny, flirty or best of the best...In real life they may be non of that! Most fabulous flirter can't get word out of it's mouth when online this one writes your socks off :D
Well yeah I may not know what they do for job or what they look like but they are someone I learn to trust on hard place, who I can ask advice or just tell what is wrong. Well some live streamers in Twitch.com (gameplay sharing service) has webcam and you can see them as they play. It's kind of nice to see reactions and really feel that they are there! But some who don't have cam keeps keen eye on chat and even with Twitch lag (30SEK!) and feeling is still there. Very different feeling than to watch gameplay videos in YouTube you know.
I know how FooZ looks like and that he is from Netherland and is student has 2 job but some problems with manager in 2nd place. I don't know what StratManiac look like but I have seen his dog :D, know that he is from London, I know he's first name and what he sounds like. Moko is from Australia and is MASTER in Payday 2 stealth HE IS NOT HUMAN! and so on... I know more about these people than some so called friends or distant family.

But yeah, those are some most annoying advices that I have gotten on my time. What about you is there some more? What are they?! Drop comment and we will see what you think.


TA-TA

just remember that you are HUMAN! or in Mokos case a MACHINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment